New meeting Somerset- Street/Yeovil area?

Connect here with other members wanting to start new meetings.
LalaSD

New meeting Somerset- Street/Yeovil area?

Post by LalaSD »

Hi,

I go to a lovely group in Bristol but it’s an hour and fifteen minute drive (on a good day) and when I get there it can be difficult to park.
This week I drove up but by the time I’d found somewhere to park I was 20 minutes late and still had a 5 minute walk to get there in the dark and rain! I’m the end I just came straight home again because I didn’t want to interrupt the meeting 🤦‍♀️
I’m not looking for sympathy but I am looking for anybody else who would be interested in starting a group closer to me!
I’m in Somerton but was thinking Street, Glastonbury, Yeovil, Taunton or surrounding areas might be a good place.

Yours hopefully,

Laila
PollyS

Re: New meeting Somerset- Street/Yeovil area?

Post by PollyS »

Hi Laila, I feel sure that even if you were unable to make a meeting on time, for whatever reason, you would still be made more than welcome there. Quite a few groups use WhatsApp or similar, which is useful if you wanted to let them know you are likely to be late.

At this time of year, travelling in the dark, rain and wind is always off putting (I know this myself as my group is 110 mile round trip). It's good to talk though, and this on-line forum will be useful for you when you can't face the journey. Plus, the groups have a members telephone list and encourage new comers to call anyone they feel they can comfortably talk to.

Also, if you are interested in starting a meeting, you can contact the office at FA Office, either by email or telephone and they will register your interest in starting a new group in your area. There may already be others interested in your area who have already left their details via that route.

Of course, you will receive encouragement and support to take your request forward. So, give them a call or drop them an email, they'll love to hear from you.

PollyS x
LalaSD

Post by LalaSD »

Thank you for your response. They are a lovely group and I’m sure would have welcomed me. It was my own issues that stupidest stopped me.

I will contact Famanon and register my interest.

Xxx
RunningOnEmpty

Post by RunningOnEmpty »

Hello, did you find a meeting nearer to yourself? I live in Somerset and my nearest is Bristol. I know everything's probably on zoom now but I'm looking to join a local meeting. Please let me know. x
suncloud

Post by suncloud »

New to Famanon but would be interested in getting together with others in Somerset for meetings once social distancing has finished, Glastonbury, Street area if poss.
suncloud

Post by suncloud »

Hi I am interested in attending any support meetings in Glastonbury/Street area. Please contact me if you would like to chat about this :)
Misplaced Hope

Post by Misplaced Hope »

Hi Laila
I’m new to FA (have only registered this afternoon!) and have never been to a meeting. I live just a few miles from Somerton myself so would be very interested if you are planning to set one up in this area.
Allison