New Members

Have your say
Bette

New Members

Post by Bette »

Hello
Welcome to all New members! You have found help for yourself!

I just wanted to say that what helped me most to cope with the madness that living with addiction brings, especially in the early days, were two things.

1 Going to meetings. If there is an FA meeting within a do-able distance, or Al Anon if alcohol is an issue too, then this is by far the best form of support. To meet others face to face who REALLY know how you feel because they are living it too, is so helpful. To share in a non judgemental caring environment is priceless. Meetings gave me back my sanity!! I even found myself laughing on times!

2 Getting FA literature and reading everyday. In times of worry, fear and pain, I would spend time reading instead, Without fail, I would find comfort, strength and often food for thought. Literature is available to buy for small price on the main FA website. The link is at the very top of this page.

Also, our annual FA Convention is coming up in April. Another marvellous way of connecting with other in the same situation. A great way to spend just one day, or a whole weekend! I always come away feeling uplifted! Again, all details are on the main Families Anonymous website. The link is at the very top of this page.

Keep on keeping on peeps! Don't allow another's life choices to spoil our own! What madness would that be.
Wlitf
Bette