Self Esteem

Have your say
Annabel

Re: Self Esteem

Post by Annabel »

Hi golfgirl,
Yours is a great post and it shows what strength FA meetings and members give us. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable family Christmas. Well done.
WLIT Annabel
Annabeldr

Post by Annabeldr »

Hi everyone,
My first post on this subject was 10 years ago. I can't believe how much time has passed. I never cease to be grateful to my FA family for helping me to get my life back.
I am 'getting on a bit' now but I am pleased to report that my ALO who led me to join FA is very well and making his way in the world. He is revered in his chosen field and lectures on Mindfulness as well as collaborating on two successful books on the subject.
He no longer lives in the UK but that's fine. With communications being so sophisticated these days it hardly matters.
The reason I am back on here is twofold.
My need to refresh my reason for being a member of FA and following the 12 steps has reminded me to keep on reading the readings, and reading others' posts.
My ALO and I had a Skyping session on Sunday and his words were harsh. It made me quite upset at the time and I felt I had gone back to my old ways. But I haven't because I have FA.
The love and comfort these pages bring are just wonderful.
Thank you all.
WLITF
Annabeldr

Post by Annabeldr »

I wrote this original post 15 years ago.
Nothing has changed.
It is still how I feel.
WLITF
Annabel
Poetry

Post by Poetry »

I'm glad that you are with us on here, Annabel, after all those years, and wish your son continued recovery-you too. Poetry.
Annabeldr

Post by Annabeldr »

Hi golfgirl,
Another positive post. I am glad for you and your family.
All the best for 2019.
WLITF
Annabeldr

Post by Annabeldr »

Thank you Poetry