Gratitude

Have your say
Annabeldr

Gratitude

Post by Annabeldr »

FA has been my rock for over 18 years and I shall be forever grateful.
I used to go to 2 meetings a week and started a new meeting about 15 years ago.

My addicted loved one began to make healthier choices for himself and created his own successes. He is now 36.

However, more importantly I got my life back because of FA meetings, readings and Today a better Way.
I worked the programme.

Sometimes I have lapsed and can find myself slipping into feelings of self pity. But because of FA I can put myself back in the right track for me.
With love in the fellowship.
Annabel
Poetry

Re: Gratitude

Post by Poetry »

Thank you, Annabelle. I shall probably write more later today, but for now, yes, I am learning so well from this forum. It has been one of the (oddly, quite a few) good things to come out of my son't addiction and his treatment of me-this ability to connect with others who are suffering the same, and to be able to manage my own feelings.

I wish everyone some peace this Christmas. I know we face the endless querying, "Did you have a nice Christmas?" -the question which always cuts me- afterwards, but we can deal with that when the time comes. For now, let's all look for just a bit of tranquillity in the day, a moment to treasure. Poetry.
gloria1953

Post by gloria1953 »

Good morning ladies and Merry Christmas

After a fit of pique (my husband managed to get all of my presents wrong even though I sent him links) I realised the best present that I have is my son being clean and sober. A big difference after that first dreadful Christmas of 2014 and I count my blessings.

My wish for Christmas and New Year for you all is that your addicted love ones find sobriety but in the meantime you all find peace and serenity.

I, too, thank God for FA.

Lots of love

G
Joyce2018

Post by Joyce2018 »

Bless you Gloria for your continued support and all the other girls for your continued support.
As we speak now we are waiting for my son to turn up! This may not happen but for my husband I am determined not to let him spoil this day

I hope you all find some peace today, you are a great bunch

Joyce xxx
Last edited by Joyce2018 on Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Polaroid1954

Post by Polaroid1954 »

I would like to post my gratitude to FA.
My son is a cocaine addict.
But with the help of this forum and the FA Meetings I attend weekly I am able to feel serenity again.
Today is good day. A lovely message from my son this morning thanking me for his Christmas present.
He took me to a lovely restaurant for lunch yesterday.
Although he still has a long way to go, he is working and beginning to connect with the world and his family again.
No matter how bad things get there is always hope in the world.
Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year to you all.
You are all in my prayers.
Poetry

Post by Poetry »

So nice to hear from you, Joyce. Well done on your determination.

Gloria, I think we can all celebrate your son's effort to come through because if one can do it, so can the rest, and I will ALWAYS believe that.

Polaroid, that sounds lovely about your son. I am so glad that you're all here.

Much love, Poetry.
Annabeldr

Post by Annabeldr »

Glad to read such positivity. Let's hope that with the higher power of FA we shall all feel more serenity in 2019.