Feeling frustrated and angry

Have your say
Lavender

Feeling frustrated and angry

Post by Lavender »

Hi all,I'm afraid I need to have a moan. I have so much to be grateful for in my life but I am focused on the negative. My son has been tapering off methodone since December. There's been maybe 3 incidents since then. (Same old story) but on the whole he's made some tiny steps forward. But I feel really frustrated at the moment. He talks to his step dad and gran but I just get one word answers. He never tells me anything not even positive things. Why do I feel like this? I feel very ungrateful.
Poetry

Re: Feeling frustrated and angry

Post by Poetry »

I don't know if the following helps, but I was brought up be a fiercely Catholic mother, who taught me to always live for others, to the exclusion of myself, and if I suffered, to "offer it up to God." I did really well at this, then in my mid thirties,had the most appalling nervous breakdown, which is what happens as a result of not allowing yourself to be human!

Feeling as you do is not an indicator of whether or not you're grateful for any of the good things in your life; you're just being fully human. The way I see it now, having these negative, tearful days is Nature's way of protecting us. We do need to be vulnerable. I don't know about you, but addiction makes me feel afraid; it tramples on the bonds which should be in place. I think we just sometimes react to that fear. Let it pass, Lavender. Lots of love, Poetry. ,
Lavender

Post by Lavender »

Thankyou xxx
gloria1953

Post by gloria1953 »

Dear L

I remember when my son was growing up there were times in his development he turned more to his father and other times he turned more towards me.

I have a feeling this is similar.

Hang in there.
X
gloria1953

Post by gloria1953 »

Ps

Tapering off methadone is even more difficult than coming off heroin. Methadone though useful is pure poison. Not an easy time for any of you.

X
Lavender

Post by Lavender »

ThanKyou for listening and replying to me. I feel calmer now. I'll hang in there a bit longer

I don't know what I'd do without you ...thankyou xxxx