Copeing with sons drug addiction

Have your say
lesleerose

Re: Copeing with sons drug addiction

Post by lesleerose »

Dear muvver
It’s terrific you have started to pull back a little at a time I talk through experience she is a child and thinks she should be rewarded for tidying her room very very sad ...
In my experience it is the only illness where the patient has to help themselves....they stop growing emotionally when they start using unfortunately there is nothing you can do for her ...I don’t know. If you have told her about N.A meetings ....
All you can do is keep taking these baby steps back and look after you that is so important... I agree with you it’s the most horrific time you are having ... Try and get a bit of discipline it’s hard I know go for a walk do something every day if you can get on a zoom meeting and try not to think about your girl I am crying as I write this but it’s the only way don’t be an enabler and keep sharing on here
Bless you
Lesleyrose
muvver

Post by muvver »

Thank you Lesleerose

Again today I made her get her own way to chemist. She argued with me over it but my son had court today so i was supporting him.
I have read that people on drugs etc don’t grow up they go backwards. This is definitely what she has done.
She is so clever, went to uni and loved it. Until she was introduced to speed.

I haven’t heard from her since 2pm so that’s a bonus. She knows if she doesnt get to chemist for her meth, they will take it away

I’m very pleased with my attitude now. It really makes you feel in control when you can (man up). Ive told her to get hold of her elec company and ask for a pay as u go meter. She has been in the flat since November and not out away for bills. It’s quarterly at mo. I must stop worrying about that too.

At my age she should be looking out me, not other way round.

Muvver x
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Yes muvver you are doing absolutely brilliantly come so far in such a short period of time .... I haven’t heard from my daughter addict since she very cleverly bumped me for £150
I have blocked her I don’t want to see her or know anything about her she is 38 now as you say they should be asking how we are .. I have not had a Mother’s Day card from either of them in many years except when it fell on rehab time...
Baby steps muvver you are taking your power back and your daughter will feel this ... keep sharing on here honestly we have all been or going through what you are going through
well done xx ❤️
Lesleyrose