Video meetings instead of face to face

If you can't get to a face to meeting this may be helpful.
Some FA face to face meetings are being suspended because of Coronavirus.
Some groups are using phone and internet to hold meetings.
This forum is to let people know what some groups are doing.
admin
Site Admin

Video meetings instead of face to face

Post by admin »

One of our groups is using 'Zoom' a video conferencing tool in place of their normal face to face meeting.

You need to download Zoom that is free.

This is a link to a U Tube video that explains how to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJq_OM5VcDY

If you need any help, the group can offer help with setting up and using it.
danito1987

Re: Video meetings instead of face to face

Post by danito1987 »

Which group is that? Many thanks :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi
I'm sorry, but I don't have that information.
I would suggest ringing the FA Helpline between 1-4 or 6-9 pm any day to find your nearest FA meeting. Many meetings have now gone online since the coronavirus disruption so connecting with one that is nearest to you would seem the best course of action.
I hope that helps.
Kind Regards
FA Forum Admin
danito1987

Post by danito1987 »

Many thanks for the suggestion. I am from the UK but I actually live in Madrid, where we don't have English speaking Famanon meetings. Maybe there is an email I can contact re. Zoom meetings? For the record, I sent an email to office @ famanon.org.uk but it was blocked?

Yours in fellowship,

Dan
andrew

Post by andrew »

I have received this from someone at NA and if anyone is setting up an online meeting it is essential reading.
The Chelsea group has had two meeting on Zoom which have been quite successful.
I would be happy to host an online meeting with general access so if anyone out there would like to suggest a time and a day (Not Tuesdays or Fridays) I can put the meeting access code up on this forum. By clicking on the link it is very straight forward to connect.

WLITF

Andrew

Advice on Anonymity & Zoom meetings -

ZOOM MEETINGS PROTECTING ANONYMITY & DEFAULT SETTINGS

For Zoom users: With the rush to shift to online meetings, many of us did not take time to investigate what this meant to the spiritual foundation of our recovery – namely, anonymity. Now that online meetings are accessible, we want to pass on best practices for protecting anonymity.

These have been curated from the membership and online resources.

The default Zoom settings run counter to the spiritual foundation of anonymity. The meetings are publicly accessible and full names and faces are often displayed. Additionally, by default all Zoom meetings are recorded to the cloud. Turning that feature off is simple, fortunately.

There are other settings in the Meeting subtab that can also be adjusted, such as disallowing remote control of devices, file transfer, data sharing with Zoom, and screen sharing.

Here are some suggested settings for your meeting to use. Please note that most, if not all, of the settings below are not the Zoom default:

Go to: Settings > Recording and click off the Local and Cloud recording features.

In the Zoom Settings section, under the Meeting subtab:

• Require Encryption for Third Party Endpoints

• Disable Auto saving chats

• Disable File transfer

• Disable Feedback to Zoom

��� Disable Screen sharing

• Disable desktop/screen share for users

• Disable Remote control

• Allow Virtual background (this is the Zoom default and allows the user to use a virtual background instead of the inside of their apartment, for example)

In the Zoom Settings section, under the Recording subtab:

• Disable Local recording

• Disable Cloud recording

• Disable Automatic recording”
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello Danito
I suggest that any shares or questions FA related can be posted on the Discussion forum. That is where most users will go to initially, and the biggest number of users will see it. I hope that helps.
Thank You.
Kind Regards
FA Forum Admin
danito1987

Post by danito1987 »

Many thanks Andrew! I was wondering how one can attend the Chelsea group?

Yours in recovery,

Dan (Madrid)
andrew wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:22 pm I have received this from someone at NA and if anyone is setting up an online meeting it is essential reading.
The Chelsea group has had two meeting on Zoom which have been quite successful.
I would be happy to host an online meeting with general access so if anyone out there would like to suggest a time and a day (Not Tuesdays or Fridays) I can put the meeting access code up on this forum. By clicking on the link it is very straight forward to connect.

WLITF

Andrew

Advice on Anonymity & Zoom meetings -

ZOOM MEETINGS PROTECTING ANONYMITY & DEFAULT SETTINGS

For Zoom users: With the rush to shift to online meetings, many of us did not take time to investigate what this meant to the spiritual foundation of our recovery – namely, anonymity. Now that online meetings are accessible, we want to pass on best practices for protecting anonymity.

These have been curated from the membership and online resources.

The default Zoom settings run counter to the spiritual foundation of anonymity. The meetings are publicly accessible and full names and faces are often displayed. Additionally, by default all Zoom meetings are recorded to the cloud. Turning that feature off is simple, fortunately.

There are other settings in the Meeting subtab that can also be adjusted, such as disallowing remote control of devices, file transfer, data sharing with Zoom, and screen sharing.

Here are some suggested settings for your meeting to use. Please note that most, if not all, of the settings below are not the Zoom default:

Go to: Settings > Recording and click off the Local and Cloud recording features.

In the Zoom Settings section, under the Meeting subtab:

• Require Encryption for Third Party Endpoints

• Disable Auto saving chats

• Disable File transfer

• Disable Feedback to Zoom

��� Disable Screen sharing

• Disable desktop/screen share for users

• Disable Remote control

• Allow Virtual background (this is the Zoom default and allows the user to use a virtual background instead of the inside of their apartment, for example)

In the Zoom Settings section, under the Recording subtab:

• Disable Local recording

• Disable Cloud recording

• Disable Automatic recording”
andrew

Post by andrew »

Hi Dan

If you email me at andrew.golding@live.co.uk I will send you a link.
danito1987

Post by danito1987 »

Done, thank you 🙏
andrew wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:23 pm Hi Dan

If you email me at andrew.golding@live.co.uk I will send you a link.