the peace did not last

Have your say
Concernedmum

the peace did not last

Post by Concernedmum »

I have been enjoying a period of blissful peace. My daughter seems to be a bit straighter, and some of the awful interactions had stopped. I was getting much better at distancing myself and not entering into the nonsense that the drugs bring.

Another family member wanted a Sunday lunch with me yesterday, so we made plans. These did not involve the addict daughter, as too meals and events have been spoiled by her including this years Christmas dinner.

Needless to say, she found out. The level of abuse I have received this morning, while trying to work is unacceptable. She is now blocked again. she has no insight into why she would not get invited to events that require civility and manners.

I am broken again, but have picked myself up before, and will do it again this week.

CM
Poetry

Re: the peace did not last

Post by Poetry »

Hello CM.

Read your first paragraph over to yourself, and tell yourself that that is what you have achieved. Keep going. Keep being consistent. This too shall pass, and you had a lovely Sunday dinner with no unpleasant interventions. P.
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Dearest CM
I know this is difficult but this time keep your daughter blocked ..I did this too then I would succumb and let her back in and I always was bereft again it was never happy
It took time but now she is blocked and so is eldest daughter and older granddaughter they have taken me for a fool for a very long time ..since they were children I have never received a Mother’s Day card birthday or Christmas card … I was excluded from events .. but no more abuse enough is enough
Please keep posting
Lesleerose
LM66

Post by LM66 »

Hi CM
Yes, you will pick yourself up. You've been here before, and know the drill.
Addict or not, your daughter doesn't have to be invited to everything you do. Let her have her tizzy!
Keep her blocked, til you feel grounded.
Much Love
L x
"You can choose to continually live in the shadow of your addict, allowing his/her chaos and drama to dictate your whole existence, or you can take control of your life."