40 days later my son has made contact 🙏🏽

Have your say
ANAID777

40 days later my son has made contact 🙏🏽

Post by ANAID777 »

40 days later my son has made contact 🙏🏽I am meeting him tomorrow to try and work out a way forward .. tonight I sleep better .. I know he is alive🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽💙 and he saying he desperately wants a change to recover.. he misses his son and his family ..will stay firm with boundaries , my support not enabling
There will be consequences and no easy way back or contact with his child unless he gets back to recovery and this is evidenced. I will be speaking to him about the trauma he has caused . I will not allow him to live with me.. been there but will help him to access housing as a vulnerable adult which he is. I will never give him money , but will support him to use his own for himself. He has the information as to how to get back on recovery road he will need to utilise this and I will be going to a live meeting tonight.
Please keep us in your prayers 🙏🏽💙🙏🏽
Poetry

Re: 40 days later my son has made contact 🙏🏽

Post by Poetry »

Of course.

I'm so pleased to hear that you will offer support but NO ENABLING.

Do keep letting us know how you are. You are important. P.
LM66

Post by LM66 »

Tread carefully, Anaid.
Much Love
L x
"You can choose to continually live in the shadow of your addict, allowing his/her chaos and drama to dictate your whole existence, or you can take control of your life."
dramaqueen

Post by dramaqueen »

Anaid,

You are in my thoughts. I hope your son is serious about recovery but beware that addicts often talk the talk but do not walk the walk.

DQ
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Hi Anaid
If your son is serious about recovery ask him to call either the NA or CA helpline with you there … someone will meet him and take him to a meeting… these meetings seem to have the best recovery … someone said 90 meetings in 90 days … I wish you well but as the others have said tread very carefully
Yours in famanon fellowship
Lesleerose
Butterfly1234

Post by Butterfly1234 »

That’s great news. Keep your boundaries firmly in place. Good luck x
ANAID777

Post by ANAID777 »

Thank you for your concern, it means a great deal to me to have support here…🙏🏽 I feel at least here not I am not own with my thoughts, and I can safely talk about what is happening to me and my family. I thank God for this forum🙏🏽

So yesterday, I met with my son , with his father. It was beyond so incredibly sad to see him in such a tragic and broken state 😢. However, I remained firm. As in under NO circumstances can he return to live with me , or with his father and until he is firmly back on the recovery road (his addiction is at its worst) then NO contact with his child can be had. It would be far too damaging for him (my 5 year old grandson that is), even if it was supervised, which I am not prepared to do.
To be fair my son didn’t ask to come back to our homes anyway as I had already made this clear . He is however desperate to speak to his son on the phone , but as I say , his mother and I remain united and firm on this and at this stage we say no.

My son acknowledges this is the worst it has ever been and he is a sad , desperate and
and lost soul. 💔 for me as his mother to see. He now his phone back ( the one thing I did do ) and he says he won’t disappear again. He has never done this before and the impact to us all has been horrendous 💔

This being said, I gave him lots of information to seek housing as a vulnerable adult ( which by law he is) away from the place he is staying, a “friend” addict he recently met, when (of his own choice) he decided to leave the safety of his fathers and throw a grenade at his recovery. I also advised he get back to NA/CA meetings (daily) and seek support via the support groups/ services he knows ..I gave him a list of food banks.. and the crack cocaine letter I found on here …I also wrote a letter to housing which he can take ..I bought him lunch, while we were talking, him mostly crying and hug (nothing else) these are the things I could support with. He is my son and I will always love him.

However, there is a glimmer of hope 🙏🏽.. I have been praying for God to reach my son and for help, as my son won’t reach out God.. and God IS helping .. by chance a friend of my husbands informed him of a Christian based 17 month intensive rehabilitation programme ( 12 month residential) single sex, with good recovery rates. It has no charge and utilises the individuals benefits and donations to cover the costs 🙏🏽. The goal the mission , “is to help people become mentally sound, physically well, emotionally balanced, socially adjusted & spiritually alive”.🙏🏽

I spoke to my son about this and he is so desperate he said he wants to try this…. He really has limited options anyway ( of his own choices /actions). He completed the application and he will be contacted for the intake interview shortly, sooner than later I hope 🙏🏽There will be a waiting period , where he is expected to remain in weekly contact until , a space becomes available . Which again I hope is sooner than later… then he will start what I hope and pray will be his salvation. I can only hope and 🙏🏽.

In the meantime I will stay in contact with my son… mostly by 📞 and I will do what I can for my grandson. We (my grandson and I) are going to Bubble planet on Saturday. I 🙏🏽for some light relief and fun with him. I told my son I will take some videos and send him ( this I can do). I am having some reiki this morning , I must do some work !!!! And while I have not been able to get a physical famanon meeting (I was too exhausted) yesterday and my nearest is fortnightly, I will look at online ones later today that I can join. I will be starting CBT soon to manage my anxiety and I will keep doing what I can to stay strong and well. I am listening to an interesting audiobook at the moment “Don’t let your kids kill you” Charles Rubin… it is helpful.

I wish you all well as can be 🙏🏽.. thank you for reading if you do… my love and 🙏🏽

Anaid xxx
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Dearest anaid
You have and are doing everything possible to help your son recover from this horror ..
Like most of us on here have done including myself for many years now 7 or 8 treatment centres ( some I paid for some the local authority paid for ) always the same my addict daughter would come out and use again every time …
This has been going on for many years now … I have had to let her go now as there was nothing more I can do ( I even had Tibetan monks chanting for her online ) it’s heartbreaking and relentless… her little girl is 10 now she hasn’t seen the wee one since she was 2 …. Like you I new I couldn’t let my addict daughter see the wee one because the little one had to come first it took a long time for me to let my addict girl go I loved her so very much … I know there is a lot more funding coming to help our addict children and no one knows who will make it … I hope your son is one of them …Anaid you really have taken everything on board famanon has to offer … remember you are important and you now must take care of you … please keep posting …
Yours in fam-anon fellowship the finest fellowship in the world with the highest entrance fee remember this forum and fam-anon is for YOU because you are important
Lesleerose