So had enough - don’t have the strength

Have your say
Concernedmum

Re: So had enough - don’t have the strength

Post by Concernedmum »

hi JayC

oh I absolutely agree. When my physical reaction to my phone effected my every waking hour I realised that enough was enough and could see the damage my addict was causing to my own health.

I was jumping and nervous and unable to concentrate. Everytime.my phone went my heart missed a beat and my blood pressure rose and I had palpitations.

I had a month off work, blocked my addict and slowly started the change that has now led to some.peace. that was a year ago. My addict is still a pain, but my reactions to her are different. There are boundaries in place and she knows if she is rude or nasty she will be blocked. There is no more money and if she asks, then she is blocked, and I visit her away from the family home, on my terms only, and leave if she becomes unpleasant

It's been hard, but I needed to look after me and the others in the family.

Taking that control was the start of my recovery journey. Find the block and do not disturb functions on your phone and give yourself headspace.

There are still days when her number appears on the phone and my heart misses a beat and I decide not to answer. I still have some anxiety about this t, but I feel much more on control and have learnt to accept the situation.

Stay strong and find your control. We should not be controlled by phones and addicts. Take your life back! I will always love my addict but refuse to be controlled by her now

cM
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

I have had the opposite for many years now unless I meet my addict daughter by chance and it’s never a good meeting usually she is in a real mess weight loss looks like death … I let my addict girl go … don’t get me wrong I have been through all the excuses for money paid for treatment centres food trainers etc now my girl ghosts me because either now she realises there is no more money coming to her via me ….
My older daughter ghosts me also along with my older 30 year old granddaughter…. I really don’t understand why … mostly I think it’s all about money … we used to get on extremely well she is 47 now and a workaholic same as her daughter …
I am alone but not lonely just a bit further down the road of drug abuse my addict daughter is 40 now she started in her teens …
I have come to realise I am only responsible for my own behaviour not anyone else’s .. feeling a little nonchalant today there are no winners with addiction…
Bless you all in famanon fellowship
Lesleerose
Poetry

Post by Poetry »

When I reflect on how the fear of what addicts can do and say to us when they make contact, can be so powerful that it leads us to losing control of our bodily functions (flight or fight) then I think we realise what a danger they are to us.

Agree. Take the power back. P.