Gratitude week ?

Have your say
lesleerose

Gratitude week ?

Post by lesleerose »

I am a member of Alcoholics Anonymous and also a member here on Fam - Anon …
In Alcoholics Anonymous we have a gratitude week one day a year where we can ( only if we can ) donate a extra to cover the costs of Fam-Anon along with a donation which I give every few weeks .. when and if you can …When I go to meetings they call it the dues and fees when a bag is passed around the room to donate … not everyone has it and that’s ok because eventually the day will come when you can
Does Fam - Anon have a gratitude week if yes when is it ?
Thank you 🙏
Yours in famanon fellowship
Lesleerose
admin
Site Admin

Re: Gratitude week ?

Post by admin »

Hi lesleerose

Thanks for asking about Gratitude Week.
In FA we have February designated as Gratitude Month, to mark the anniversary of the founding of Families Anonymous in the US.

During Gratitude Month, FA groups are asked to facilitate their members donating a little extra in the 'basket' at meetings to mark their
gratitude for this wonderful fellowship which has helped us live our lives in serenity in spite of the unsolved problems of having an addict
in the family.

There are about 35 FA groups in UK, many face to face and still quite a lot online as well. So even if you don't live close to a physical meeting you can join online. In online meetings they don't pass an actual basket but members can make donations to the Service Office via the online shop on the website www.famanon.org.uk.

All donations are specially welcome at the moment because of the flood damage suffered in the London office over Christmas, there are extra expenses right now with replacing damaged stock and paying for temporary office space so that we can try to get literature orders flowing again.

FA neither seeks nor receives outside funding. This fellowship is funded solely on the donations of its members and a very small margin made on the sale of literature.

For more info about meetings just call the helpline 0207 498 4680 between 1-4pm and 6-9pm, or check out the website Meetings page, or the forum topic 'Where to find a Meeting'.

admin
Poetry

Post by Poetry »

Thank you admin. I will see can I donate using the online facility. Poetry.
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Yes me too … what price can you put on peace and all of the support I get on this forum …
I would like to do some service work also
My doctor said around June
I am very grateful for this forum it has saved my sanity 🙏
dramaqueen

Post by dramaqueen »

Thank you Lesleerose for starting this thread and admins for the information on how to make a donation.

I just made a donation via the online shop. I couldn’t get PayPal to work but Apple Pay worked fine for me.

Thank you admins for your service 🙏🏻

This forum is life saver 🛟

DQ
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Hi DQ
I am having difficulty paying some dues and fees on the sight the last time was with PayPal and it worked just fine will try again ..
Yes I agree we are self supporting not allowed to accept outside contributions so it’s vital that we preserve this beautiful famanon fellowship ..
It’s been a true very real life and mind saver for me
Lesleerose
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Managed it yesterday none of my electronic stuff was working weird never happened before
A big thank you admin for keeping this forum and the rest of the unseen work that you do ..