Today was a hard day

Have your say
myfamily

Today was a hard day

Post by myfamily »

I found today so difficult. I went out with my children and friends for a family day. I took my son on his first ride. A time for fun and happiness. I am sad their dad wasn’t there to see it. I am sad that they haven’t spoke to him in 4 weeks. Not through me but because it is his choice. I know i can’t change it. I am just really sad for them. It sounds silly that i am still wasting my time thinking of someone that doesn't care about us. Even though i am happier overall. It still makes me sad that he is no longer part of our happiness. My heart is broken that someone i loved so much is now no longer a part of our lives. I have to remind myself he is not the person i fell in love with!!
dramaqueen

Re: Today was a hard day

Post by dramaqueen »

Hi my family

Great that you got out with your kids - you sound like a super mom.

It is ok to feel sad. You are grieving. It is ok - and perfectly natural - to grieve. It is healthier to feel that grief and sadness and to accept the reality of the relationship with your partner than to distract yourself by trying to “rescue” or change him, or on fantasy notions of what “might be”. I know how easy it is to fall into fantasy over another person and to not want to face who they really are. The grief and sadness will pass - you are doing really well.

Big hug 🤗

DQ
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Hi MF
This is called ambiguous grief I learned that on here ..
Google it
This is so very natural of course you wanted it to be a family day including your husband … off course you feel sad for the children and yourself you wouldn’t be human if you didn’t …
Try and live in the day no one knows what tomorrow will bring
The important thing here is you are no longer accepting the unacceptable… you are doing so well MF … try and get to more meetings or zoom or get some literature from here .., It will get easier and you will get stronger …
Please keep posting recovery is all in the sharing
Yours in famanon fellowship
Lesleerose
myfamily

Post by myfamily »

Thank you both. I have googled it, i definitely have ambiguous grief. I just find myself getting sad throughout the day thinking about everything. I have taken some time off work so i can try and put things into perspective. I am so sad for my children. I need to come to terms with all this so i can get through it. I don’t have anyone to watch the kids so i am unable to get to meetings. A lot of meetings are at a time when they are awake and i don’t want them to hear me upset. I will just try and get through a day at a time.