When you want answers but the answer is because of drugs.

Have your say
Hopeful1

When you want answers but the answer is because of drugs.

Post by Hopeful1 »

Hi all,

I just had to get my thoughts down after waking up wondering Why? Why this and why that. If someone is on drugs how can we expect them to act kindly or normal? Drugs are drugs. Even the sweetest person on drugs is putting chemicals inside their bodies and it is infiltrating their minds. So I know it is because of drugs. And when others associated with them copy the bizarre behaviour it shows me that either they are on drugs too or they have been told bizarre things by the person on drugs. So we need to leave them to it. It's painful but it's up to them. It's frustrating but it's still up to them. I've the noticed the pattern and it's been defensiveness and blame from the addict and then attack from those around them. E.g my ex's family member turning on me and blocking me and my brother's girlfriend turning on me and blocking me. I thought it must be me but I've realised it's the way people behave around addiction. I'm praying that they will see they are not helping the addict that way or themselves. I've chosen to forgive regardless of how much it hurts to be shunned. The trail in both situations leads back to drugs so I know the answer is because they are on drugs.

I'm sorry for the late night essay but I needed to say this to myself and to anyone else who is struggling to understand why.