My son

Have your say
Chrisren11

My son

Post by Chrisren11 »

My son overdosed July 18th this year and after giving him CPR and thanks to neighbour and paramedics he survived after actually dying from cardiac arrest he now is smoking weed and baking weed brownies and getting back into the cant be arsed mode. I really thought actually having a cardiac arrest and his dealer dying from pills would have woken him up but obviously not. I am trying not to stress too much as the last 18 months has made me so ill and now 6 stone i am trying to just let it go as i honestly think he will do his own thing but think addicts are so selfish they don't actually care how it affects anyone else in the family! I just wish he could go into his own accommodation so he could learn how to survive.
Monkey01

Re: My son

Post by Monkey01 »

Wow, that's unbelievable, well it would be if drugs weren't involved. I'm so sorry to hear that he's so inconsiderate towards you, it hurts doesn't it my son has been the same since December, nothing phases them does it.
LM66

Post by LM66 »

Hi Chris
I'm sorry to read that your boy continues to use weed. You're correct in saying that he will do his own thing, however, you can prevent him doing it in your home. If he does, then you can ask him to leave - this would be a consequence of him not sticking to house rules.
If he doesn't leave when requested, the police will remove him. Not a pleasant thing to have to do, but if he chooses to blatantly ignore your house rules, and make life stressful for you and your daughter, you don't have many options. You have to think of yourself and your daughter.
He won't leave of his own accord, as life is too  comfortable for him. Life is certainly not comfortable for you, and you are becoming ill, because of his behaviours. How is your daughter coping? I remember she didn't like being in the house with him on her own.
Our addicts have no thought to anyone other than themselves, and their drug of choice.
Much Love
L x
"You can choose to continually live in the shadow of your addict, allowing his/her chaos and drama to dictate your whole existence, or you can take control of your life."
mickey

Post by mickey »

Hi Chris,
. I read your post & I really feel for you. You're right, addicts don't care about us or the devastation they cause, it's all about them, they lie, steal, manipulate & eventually break us mentally and physically, then they play the sympathy card giving all sorts of pathetic excuses always trying to push the blame onto someone else, sometimes us.
I am in a similar situation with my son, I hope things improve for you, you don't deserve this rubbish,
All the best and stay strong, M.x.
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Hi Chris my daughter overdosed on purpose and went into cardiac arrest 3 times to bring her back she said she just didn’t want to be here anymore that was October 2019 she then went into rehab again 11 months this time because of Covid she had intense therapy me saying again how proud I was of her ( though I am not really ) because 8 years ago she brought a beautiful little girl into this world with an addict partner who cuts his wrists on a regular basis .... I am trying so very hard for 8 years to keep the wee one out of the care system and eventually I will have to tell her the truth ...
Even her own child doesn’t bring her any remorse or shame she is just an addict who can’t or won’t see her way out 8 rehabs later I have been living emotionally with this for 25 years ...
I had to put my daughter out years ago and to be honest after a period of time it became a relief ...
You are enabling your son to take drugs which isn’t doing anyone including him any good if you put him out you will all stand a chance equally if he stays you all go down with him ...
I hate to say this but it’s true my addict would step over my dead body to get her drugs ..
Keep posting on here famanon members on here have given me the strength to do what I could not do myself ie letting go
PS as far as I am aware is she is alive and well no news is good news
Bless you in fellowship United we stand divided we fall
Lesleerose
Poetry

Post by Poetry »

I would try to put boundaries in place meaning that if he uses anything in your house, he has to go. I do understand and that it can be difficult if, say, a partner does not agree, but if you have sole say then try to make those rules.

Titan value the lives they have been given.

Years ago, so presumably he has deteriorated massively since, tho I don't know as he's not in touch, my son's ex-wife explained that he overdosed one night with mates, she had to call an ambulance, it was touch and go, but the minute he was released, he went to a nightclub and did it all over again.

I don't recognise this behaviour. It fills me with abhorrence and fury. I do only speak for myself here, but I don't want anything to do with somebody who did this once, and hasn't learnt his lesson, as believe me, he went right back to behaving exactly like that, and has put us through hell.. P