Update on I have helped my daughter for so long.

Have your say
2splendourangel

Update on I have helped my daughter for so long.

Post by 2splendourangel »

Hi Everyone ;

I have been reading all the posts and even replying to some of them.
I have a bit of an update on my daughter with my grand-children who you may remember she had
been out of control and I had not seen much of the grand-children.

Last Saturday there was a knock at the door and it was my eldest grand-child my daughter was waiting up by the
corner and I called her to ask what was going on. My daughter told me she was completely out of money and there
was nothing to cook for dinners until she was paid on the Tuesday. My other daughter lives with her now and she was
getting paid on the Monday. That means two of them and both getting money and yet they cannot make it through from one month to the next. I had found out that four days earlier my eldest daughter had contacted my son to help
them out with some food.
My daughter told me that she has had a key worker coming in to her and she had stopped taking all the crap she was
using and her doctor had cut back on all her medications plus she had to collect her prescription every two days
and could no longer have medications for one month probably because she would take them and everything was
gone in two weeks. These efforts on her part are because the social services are doing the drugs test and she does
not want to fail it, her other assessment is next week.

I do not know whether to believe anything she says these days but at least she looked cleaner in appearance even
if it is still the same old story about having nothing in the house to eat. I would not give her any money and took her
and my grand-daughter to the supermarket and bought some groceries for her and then drove her home. I know my grand-daughter was hungry as she eat a sandwhich and had a bottle of juice before we even got the shopping. I do
not know if my daughter is really trying to make changes only time will tell. I am not putting all hope on anything
at the moment I have been let down too much in the past just thought I would give an update on things.
LM66

Re: Update on I have helped my daughter for so long.

Post by LM66 »

Hi Angel,
You can only go on what you're presented with. I would have done the same as you, and bought groceries, due to the children.
I know what you mean about not knowing if what they say is true or not, I'm exactly the same with my son. I just reply with " I'm pleased for you son". I take everything he says with a large pinch of salt. Time will tell, it always does.
At least you know that the children will have food, and that is the priority.
Much Love
L x
"You can choose to continually live in the shadow of your addict, allowing his/her chaos and drama to dictate your whole existence, or you can take control of your life."
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Ahhh angel we are the grans watching this horror ....
All I can say is that you are a wonderful gran and mother it is only my opinion but you did the right thing just for today you fed the wee ones and their mum ...
Your girl like my girl are very ill I believe it’s important not to get angry which you didn’t ..
I honestly have done everything for my daughter and haven’t seen her for a year to be honest am quite happy about that ...
Can’t do it anymore the wee one is safe just for today ....
My health has started to suffer with it all so know more my girl knows what she has to do as does yours
I don’t guess anymore because it’s usually lies I used to say to my girl I don’t want to hear about drugs social workers drug councillors methadone Valium crack heroin etc it makes me feel sick ...
I cannot live in her world anymore than she can live in mine
It’s truly a very sad time for us on here but hey ho it passes everything passes
Yours in fellowship
Lesleerose
Poetry

Post by Poetry »

Splendourangel

LesleeRose is so right when she says that being a grand ma, or indeed a grandpa, is such a responsibility and we worry about the little ones. I feel so very much for you. I have three lovely little girls, fortunately not the addict's children.

I agree that we just need to listen to what is being told to us by the addicts, bear it in mind, but I would suggest never actually believing it, or not until so much time had elapsed that we could trust them again. Instead of wondering whether you should believe your daughter, maybe concentrate on the practical things, some of which you have done, like buying food for the children.

That was a very important thing which you did. Again, I just feel so desperately sad for you, that you had to realise your grand daughter was hungry, and so it makes me wonder if your main role at the moment is seeing that the children are fed, without passing over cash....

The name which you are using on here is lovely. I was brought up Catholic, and always taught that I had a guardian angel sitting on my left shoulder. Increasingly as I get older and life becomes harder, I wish to God that I actually did have one!! P.