Gratitude

Have your say
dramaqueen

Re: Gratitude

Post by dramaqueen »

Hoping for a positive outcome for you Leslee. Enjoy the new mattress. You can be a proper princess! On that note, when I separated from my husband (who had a long affair) the first item I bought myself was a king size 4 poster bed with voile curtains. It was cheap and cheerful but a bit of fun. I recently had an electrician round to fit an alarm monitor in my bedroom (due to my son's drug dealing I have had to increase the security in my house). He called it my "princess bedroom" and said I was a "princess without a prince". I didn't say it at the time but the last thing I am looking for is a prince right now! I am enjoying having the house to myself and I really love early nights and lying spread eagle across the king size mattress on my own!

DQ
Poetry

Post by Poetry »

WOW DQ

Please can we all have the contact details of your poetic electrician?!

I love the sound of your princess bed. I have a bit of a reputation for buying what I regard as tasteful bling. I can be relied upon to go into a lamp shop or a fabric shop, choose something bold and a bit glittery, and find out that it's the most expensive item on the premises
😂🤣.

Tonight, then, I'm grateful for my lovely gold, glittery John Lewis table lamp, which, yes, you guessed, was a ridiculous price but cheers me up every time I look at it. P.
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Anyone noticed the gratitude replies are over 1260
The other subjects have far less
I am very grateful for this and it is keeping me positive
I am feeling a bit better but it can and has come back but just for today am ok
And for that I am truly grateful
dramaqueen

Post by dramaqueen »

I am grateful to be at the FA convention in Birmingham with my 21 year old son. We ate a fantastic buffet with lovely convention attendees and then went out dancing. More dancing at the convention in the hotel tomorrow night - rock on!🥳

DQ
Poetry

Post by Poetry »

This is maybe a strange thing to be grateful for, but I've cleaned two-thirds of my house today. Husband has Covid tho is recovering well, but of course the lady who helps me out for a few hours a week didn't want to come. Understandably.

Yesterday, my ME was so bad I could barely do anything, but today has been completely different, and my sense of achievement Knows No bounds 😂🤣.

Usually, I'm able to eat abstemiously during the day, then have a nice meal in the evening, but I tell you, this afternoon I've been almost literally climbing into the fridge to find the chorizo, the cheese and the chocolate it's made me so hungry.

All of that said, housework isn't really my thing. Much rather read a good book. P. Xx
LM66

Post by LM66 »

Well done you, Poetry!
When you have a debilitating condition, the days when you can get things done, without feeling done in at the end of it, makes you feel a sense of achievement.
Today, I am grateful for the little buds I noticed growing on my rose bush - yahoo, I haven't bumped it off! 😁
All this rain must be good for it.
Much Love
L x
"You can choose to continually live in the shadow of your addict, allowing his/her chaos and drama to dictate your whole existence, or you can take control of your life."
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

I am so very grateful to the NHS for getting all my tests done so promptly honestly I was treated like royalty 2 very
Professional doctors and 2 lovely nurses all for little me i honestly felt so very precious at that last moment ...
Now just for the results and hopefully treatment it’s been a long time since I felt special
I am also grateful for getting the court dates at last as some of you are aware it’s august probably take me that time to get well
So grateful all round ...
LM66

Post by LM66 »

Lesleerose, I'm glad you haven't had to wait too long, and I'm sure once treatment is commenced, you will start to feel better.
You have waited a long time on this court date. August isn't too far away. I hope it has positive results, and you can have some peace of mind
Much Love
L x
"You can choose to continually live in the shadow of your addict, allowing his/her chaos and drama to dictate your whole existence, or you can take control of your life."
Poetry

Post by Poetry »

I had a second knee replacement in April 2019. I had excellent treatment in a National Health hospital but I remember in particular this little incident. I was taken downstairs for an x-ray and found myself waiting on a trolley in the corridor for ages.

As there's quite a lot of pain after major surgery, I felt that I needed to have my book with me, as a bit of a reassurance, as even though I wasn't able to concentrate, it did make me feel more secure.

A nurse past, and said hello, and I laughed and said that I should have brought the complete works of Shakespeare down with me. She came back a few minutes later with a magazine from the nurses' room, saying that it was probably a bit out of date but might help. I took it back to the ward and kept it until I was discharged. These little acts of kindness, when we are open to them, are so special. P.
dramaqueen

Post by dramaqueen »

Lesleerose,

Wishing you well with your test results and the court hearing in August. There is a lot going on for you, a lot to deal with.

Best wishes

DQ
2splendourangel

Post by 2splendourangel »

Feeling grateful that a good friend of mine sent her daughter around yesterday to help me with some house cleaning, it is difficult to get it all done these days as my back problems can be debilitating at times so not as independent with house chores as I once was. Fantastic we got through a lot and now the house is freshened up and ready for Easter and it helped the girl out as I gave her a few pounds for herself. Just added two vases of flowers and so pleased with the results. Looking forward to the Easter service at the church for Good Friday.

Doing things like that takes my mind off my two daughters who are still in the house together and staging world war three between the two of them. Daughter has been going to meetings and trying hard to make efforts and meet time scales set to her by the socials only eldest daughter has been critical of any efforts telling the socials her sister is worthless. Time moves on and another day in court in a couple of weeks it is dragging along and to be honest whatever the result at least we will know what is happening and how the shape of the future will look.

Happy Easter and Easter Blessings to All for all our hardship and difficult times we all deserve our Peace and Love over this holiday time. Prayers for you all.
2Splendourangel xx.
lost77

Post by lost77 »

Grateful today for ......

managing a a 30 minute walk and feeling on the mend after surgery last week

The sun made an appearance and sitting in the garden with a a nice cup of fresh brewed coffee was lovely

My husband and other family have been offering help and support (although I actually dont need much, which is great) but I have taken it when needed rather than trying alone on everything. Husband actually can empty a dishwasher and hang out washing!! hahaha who knew!!

Putting my mental health and recovery first and still have addict blocked (he has been bothering others for money) ..... no change there.
He wont be unblocked till I am up to strength to hold a firm NO if I get pestered . When unwell or mentally fragile I just find it easier to have him blocked

Am going out to coffee with friends this week

Grateful for the lovely people here on famanon and I hope to get in more to be able to reply to posts now less fatigued.

Much love
Lost x
Poetry

Post by Poetry »

I'm sure I speak for all of us Lost, when I say how pleased I am to hear that you have had the surgery and are on the mend. You're totally right to prioritise yourself.

Keep going this.

I had a total knee replacement 3 years ago, when my husband was still in contact with addict son from time to time. I knew that I would be very ill afterwards because I have ME and surgery triggers it. I said to husband that no matter what happened, he was not to think about going to see the addict if a crisis occurred. I was the priority. He agreed.

You are right that on here, we give one another superb support. I was thinking about it tonight when I was stirring risotto on the hob, and thinking how much poorer my life would be without the forum. Sending love to anybody reading this. P.
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Hi lost so glad you have come through this surgery and putting yourself first for a change
I am going into hospital on the 20th of june to start treatment
Spoke to the consultant yesterday he thinks 5 times if I can manage but there are other options
I like poetry have ME didn’t realise the treatment would trigger this but I am in good hands
So grateful for the NHS honesty I have been treated like royalty I feel very humbled
Bless you all in fellowship
Lesleerose
LM66

Post by LM66 »

Hi Lost
Great to hear that you are on the mend 😁
Just take it easy, and don't overdo it.
Absolutely keep him blocked - your health and well-being are priority!
Much Love
L x