Here we go again!

Have your say
LM66

Re: Here we go again!

Post by LM66 »

Hi Kazza,

I had the same threat made the other night. The come down, from coke especially, causes this suicidal ideation. My son has threatened this many times.
I just tell my son that I hope he decides to change his mind, and seek help.
There are no guarantees, sadly. You absolutely done the right thing by getting the police to do a welfare check.
It increases anxiety, I know, but what can we do? To bring them to live with us would be worse, and it wouldnt change a thing.
Big hugs
L x
"You can choose to continually live in the shadow of your addict, allowing his/her chaos and drama to dictate your whole existence, or you can take control of your life."
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Hi kazza yes am the same as the girls they do threaten suicide my addict daughter many years ago called me saying she was on the top of the high flats and she was going to jump ( didn’t say which block of flats ) there was me calling the police getting a friend to run me around to different high flats and it was after 1 am in the morning obviously it turned out she wasn’t and didn’t … then 2 years ago she overdosed on purpose said she didn’t want to be here anymore which I understand it has been a long hard battle for us all anyway I digress the ambulance had to use those electronic pads 3 times to bring her back …
I have let her go completely now I blocked and deleted her I had to for my own sanity and that’s ok we can’t save them only they can do that they know what they got to do
Please stay with us kazza this famanon forum has saved my life and my sanity because the people on here have loved me back to health and they have never let me go .. I am no longer alone and neither are you kazza
Bless you in famanon fellowship
Lesleerose
Concernedmum

Post by Concernedmum »

Hi kazza,
So sorry to hear you are in such turmoil again. You must be exhausted. The others have offered great advice, and I echo them and send you a hug and support.

You cannot control what he chooses to do with the life he has. My only observation is that if he is that vocal he is unlikely to act on those thoughts intentionally. However, this is a risk all of our addicts take and a constant threat for all of us.

Stay strong and focus on you. You cannot take his pain away...only he can do that.

Sending love

CM
Kazza10

Post by Kazza10 »

Thank you all so much for the advice. He has now blocked me from all contact as he was so angry that I called the police! Not quite sure what he expected me to do!!

I attended an online forum last night with Drugfam which helped a little.

Feeling very down but just trying to get on with things.

Thanks again and much love

Kazza x
Poetry

Post by Poetry »

You're doing all right Kazza. I hesitate to say well, because how could we ever feel that we were doing well in the midst of so much turmoil, but the main point is that we are surviving in, and if we keep getting through the crises, that we still have life ahead of us. Sending you a big hug. P.
Tired

Post by Tired »

Sending you a hug. X