How do you deal with paranoia

Have your say
S90

How do you deal with paranoia

Post by S90 »

My boyfriend who has a cocaine addiction goes through spats of extreme paranoia and it is literally driving me crazy.

He keeps accusing me of cheating while he is at work.. even though I'm home with 3 kids all the time so i don't even have time to go anywhere on my own..

And now he is accusing me of spying on him.. I'm not really sure how it doesn't even make much sense..

Is this just addict behaviour? Or something else?
I used to defend myself but I'm just ignoring what he says now its exhausting and gets me nowhere to keep.defending myself. I'm not really sure what to that might help.. half the time it doesn't even make sense and he won't listen to logic..
LM66

Re: How do you deal with paranoia

Post by LM66 »

Hi S90

You can't win against paranoia. Your partners thinking is distorted due to drug use.
Be careful, as he obviously believes what he is saying to you, accusing you of, and that can make him unpredictable.
His mental health is deteriorating due to drug use.
Much Love
L x
"You can choose to continually live in the shadow of your addict, allowing his/her chaos and drama to dictate your whole existence, or you can take control of your life."
lesleerose

Re: How do you deal with paranoia

Post by lesleerose »

Hi S90
As LM says his paranoia is due to his abuse of his drug of choice …
This will get worse not better it is psychotic behaviour
Best get yourself and the children away now
You cannot have a conversation with a performing addict and when you have a relationship with drugs you can’t have a relationship with anyone else
Protect yourself and the wee ones
Lesleerose