Help focusing on ways forward

Have your say
myfamily

Re: Help focusing on ways forward

Post by myfamily »

Hi Lesleerose,
Thank you for your reply. When i called him out on ignoring me last time he said he was so down and unable to go to work. He was sleeping all day. I then went straight into caretaker mode. He knows i am becoming more aware of his patterns. Im sure he will move onto someone else to try and manipulate soon. It’s so sad that someone can have so much of an effect on my emotions. I am and will continue to try and detach.
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Don’t think for one moment he will move onto someone else … he will be back I promise…. It’s terrific you’re seeing for yourself now … and your strength is apparent… you are no longer accepting the unacceptable and I don’t think his mother will be either …
He has to get back to his meetings or for sure it won’t just be his family he will loose
Addiction is brutal
Lots of love ❤️ and hugs your a beautiful girl and am very proud of you
Please keep posting you can post as much as you want it helps someone will always answer
Yours in famanon fellowship
Lesleerose
myfamily

Post by myfamily »

Thank you, i got a text today after a week of being ignored. His contract is not being renewed so he is lining up the next downfall. I on the other hand managed to have a great day. I have come to realise how much i have been doing alone. I know i will have another down day soon. But i will make sure i celebrate the good as well as reflect on the bad.
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Dearest MF
You will get stronger every day … every addict for a chance of survival must hit there own rock bottom…
Thank goodness you are no longer accepting the unacceptable… be pleased with yourself you have come a very long way
Your children will be of great comfort to you ….
It does get easier with time
Be good to yourself because you’re worth it …
An older lady at one of the meetings told me to take all my clothes off and stand in front of the mirror telling myself I am beautiful and worthy of love 💕
Lol 😂 haven’t done it YET apparently that’s what she does and takes out her false teeth 🤣🤣🤣 she seemed very happy and content … not sure if I will ever get to that stage 🤣😂🥰🥶 xxx
myfamily

Post by myfamily »

Hi Lesleerose,
Thank you. I agree with you every addict must hit their own rock bottom and help themself out in order to be a better person. It’s surprising how much i knew and have forgotten. I think i have allowed a lot more that i would have been willing to allow if we didn’t have our children. I am really starting to see it now. I have always been empathetic with my friends and family and believe anyone can make a bad choice and fall into a bad path. I also believe everyone has an opportunity to turn their life around and be a better person. Overall i try to be positive and ride the storms out amongst the good. But i have lost myself along the way. This Christmas was like no other!!
I agree everyone is beautiful and worthy of love 🥰😊. I have been so scared of losing him i have allowed myself to be treated badly and stopped looking after myself. I am grateful for finding families anonymous. I didn’t see his addiction but i am really becoming more aware of just how much he has chosen drink and drugs over his family.