I don’t know what to fo

Have your say
JayC

I don’t know what to fo

Post by JayC »

Hi all
So I need advice. I have blocked my son and have no communication but he has now started contacting my friends asking them to get me to call him.
They know the history so it’s not about that but I am feeling so guilty that he is now involving other people that I feel I have to give in so they don’t have to go through it
He is contacting his brothers too as I have also found out tonight
Any words of advice greatly appreciated
JayC
LM66

Re: I don’t know what to fo

Post by LM66 »

Hi JayC
Just as you blocked him, so can they if they choose to.
I'm sure they will all be aware of the reasons you have blocked him, and they can follow suit if they want to.
Ask them not to tell you that he has contacted them to ask you to call him - that's the only thing you should do.
Much Love
L x
"You can choose to continually live in the shadow of your addict, allowing his/her chaos and drama to dictate your whole existence, or you can take control of your life."
lesleerose

Post by lesleerose »

Hi jay
Yes I agree with LM you only have control of what you do … Tell your friends and other sons that you have blocked your addict son and what they do is their decision …. The only person you are responsible for is you … your addict son is trying to manipulate…common with addicts .
Yours in famanon fellowship
Poetry

Post by Poetry »

Agree! What others do is up to them. We cannot possibly be responsible for their decisions. The reason that you feel unsure is that you have been brought low by your son's addiction. In time, you will recover from this. P.