No peace on Bank Holidays

Have your say
Concernedmum

No peace on Bank Holidays

Post by Concernedmum »

Hi All,

I hope you are having a peaceful and restful Easter Break.

I am sad to say that although nothing has happened, that I am once again full of stress and anxiety.

My addict daughter was meant to be working all weekend, and I had planned to take her out a roast, but keep her away from the family home. She does not appear to be at work either yesterday or today, and I can only guess why! I suspect it is drug related and either she has called in sick as she is not fit for work, or else, she has been given the heave ho. Neither would surprise me.

Now getting texts and messages asking what I am doing today. I do not want her here, after she ruined Christmas lunch with my parents. I cannot face that again. I am ignoring her, but am left with the anxiety and stress that comes from contact with her.

Life has been better as she does seem to have been working and not asking for money. Contact has been on my terms.

If she is not working again now, there will be more calls and renewed requests for money. She will not get any, but the dance we play of her asking, me refusing, her being rude and me blocking her for a number of weeks is relentless I thought we were in a better place, then when I relax BOOM! Here we go again. It seems this roundabout of behaviours is never ending.

Sorry to rant, but when I type it all out, it feels a bit better. Now going for a run before I cook a roast that I hope the rest of the family can enjoy in peace. I feel bad excluding her, but I know I must for all of our sakes. Stay strong everyone.

CM
lesleerose

Re: No peace on Bank Holidays

Post by lesleerose »

Dearest CM
Yes it is relentless… and a nightmare beyond a nightmare yet we trudge along … I am at a different stage with my addict daughter we haven’t spoken or seen each other for around 2 years now like you the never ending hamster wheel just kept on going round and round going nowhere… mum I don’t have any food … mum I am cold haven’t got money for heating , mum I need your support etc .. I honestly don’t know what’s worse …. At least this way I get some degree of peace … my current horror has been going on for nearly 5 years trying to divorce a very bad man … severely mentally ill though very clever like yourself I am more empathetic.. however I have stuck to my guns keeping my side of the street clean and hopefully over soon it too has been relentless… today I feel everyone is tired of hearing from me when I say everyone I mean a few friends as I have no family left .. The ppl who loved me are all gone hopefully to a better place…
Every holiday or weekend I just treat it as another day …
I love the fact you can get out there and go for a run … at 65 recovering from cancer treatment I can hardly walk though I am getting stronger you are doing brilliantly CM and truly an inspiration to me and am sure others on the forum
Your in famanon fellowship
Lesleerose
LM66

Re: No peace on Bank Holidays

Post by LM66 »

Hi CM
We've all experienced the same - stick to your guns!
Take one day at a time. You know gow to deal with these requests,should they happen.
The disappointment is like a slap in the face!
You will be ok.
Much Love
L x
"You can choose to continually live in the shadow of your addict, allowing his/her chaos and drama to dictate your whole existence, or you can take control of your life."